UDOH-sponsored COVID-19 Tests for the Week of November 29, 2021
UDOH-sponsored COVID-19 tests for the week of November 22, 2021
CDC, FDA authorize Pfizer, Moderna booster doses for all adults
UDOH Announces Recipient of the 15th Medical Cannabis Pharmacy License
COVID-19 Testing in Utah is Easier than Ever
New Report Highlights Need to Address Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities in Utah
For media inquiries, contact our on-call Public Information Officers (PIO) at:
Joe Dougherty, director of communications
News releases and media statements
We strive to provide all news releases and media statements in Spanish. Our language access team can provide translation services by contacting them at languageaccess.utah.gov.
Our graphic and writing standards
Our agency name is the Utah Department of Health and Human Services. Use DHHS if an acronym is needed.
- DHHS graphic standards—This guide outlines how to use our logo, colors, fonts, and imagery in printed and electronic media.
- DHHS logos
- DHHS writing style guide—This guide creates clear and consistent language and tone across all written products, both internal and external to our agency.
Media guides and safe messaging
How we talk about suicide, mental health, and traumatic events matters. When we follow safe messaging guidelines, we contribute to a hopeful narrative about triumph over adversity. We communicate that support is available. Safe messaging promotes resiliency, encourages help-seeking, publicizes prevention successes, and encourages actions to help prevent suicide.
When writing about suicide, mental health, or traumatic events follow safe messaging guidelines. Here are some of our favorite resources.
- Safe reporting on suicide
- Watch this webinar on safe messaging done as part of the Utah Suicide Prevention State Plan 2022–2026 webinar series.
- A journalist’s guide for reporting on child abuse and neglect