Teen Summer Internship Program for Youth with Lived Experience
The Utah Department of Health and Human Services is offering an internship program for teens aged 16 - 19 who have experienced involvement with child welfare services, juvenile justice services, or disability services.
This program involves teens in state agency programs centered on health and human services. It provides learning and growth opportunities for youth with lived experience to expand:
- Individual skills development
- Professional skills
- New experiences,
- Leadership and work-related training
This 8-week program runs from June 20 - August 11, and is based in Salt Lake and Utah Counties with a 5 hour orientation on June 16, 2023.
About the Program
Available opportunities include public health services, mental health services, services for people with disabilities, public affairs, public administration with mentoring from senior leadership, and more!
- $15/hour part time
- Transportation options provided
- Orientation: June 16, 2023
- Flexible daytime schedules
- Valid I.D. and authorization to work in the U.S. is required
The DHHS internship program develops and promotes:
- An understanding of the public health and human services systems in Utah
- Exploration of careers in public service
- Interaction with leadership involved in decision-making processes
- Leadership and skills based development opportunities
- Professional mentoring relationships