UDOH to Host Public Hearings on Medicaid Expansion Proposal

What: The Utah Department of Health (UDOH) will host two public hearings to solicit feedback on a recently released Medicaid Expansion proposal that will soon be submitted to the federal government. 

Why: The UDOH is implementing the requirements outlined in Senate Bill 96 (2019), which directs how Medicaid Expansion will occur in the state. Known as the ‘Fallback Plan,’ the proposal seeks to increase the income limit for the Adult Expansion program to 138% federal poverty level which would allow the state to increase the federal cost sharing to 90%, with the state covering the remaining 10%.  Other elements of the proposal include cost sharing with premiums and co-pays, lock-out for intentional program violations, housing related services and supports, and other cost savings provisions.

When: Comments may be submitted at two public hearings next week. The public hearings will be held:

Monday, October 7, 2019
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Multi-Agency State Office Building
195 N 1950 W
Salt Lake City, Utah

Thursday, October 10, 2019
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (during the Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) meeting)
Cannon Health Building
288 N 1460 W.
Salt Lake City, Utah

Where: In addition to the public hearing, the UDOH will also accept public comment on the new proposal through October 27, 2019. Comments may be submitted online at https://medicaid.utah.gov/1115-waiver or by email at [email protected].

# # #

Media Contact:
Kolbi Young
Utah Department of Health
(m) 801.231.6350