American Indian/Alaska Native Health and Family Services
Raising the health status of Utah's American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) population
What We Do
- Develop strategies and policy to achieve the established health priority of improving Indian Health in Utah.
- Facilitate working relationships between the Utah Department of Health and Human Services, tribal health programs, local health departments, other state agencies, and private provider sectors.
- Work with state, tribal and federal agencies on policy reform.
- Provide education, training and technical assistance to those tribes and UDOH divisions and programs, who request it
- Assure the availability of UDOH programs for Indian citizens on or off the reservation,
- Active facilitation and involvement with the Utah Indian Health Advisory Board (UIHAB), and facilitate the consultation process
Ozzy Escarate, director
Melissa Zito, Indian health liaison/Health policy consultant
Alex Merrill, epidemiologist