Questions about health information?

Health Resource Line

Call 1-888-222-2542 for health information or resources for programs within the Utah Department of Health and Human Services. Staff are available to answer your call Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

Disease reporting

Certain diseases must be reported to a Utah public health authority. These diseases may be reported to a local health department or the Utah Department of Health and Human Services at 1-888-EPI-UTAH (1-888-374-8824).

Utah 211

Call 2-1-1 or search online at to find resources and services in your community such as food, transportation, housing and utilities, legal, medical, dental, mental health, employment, child care, and more. 

If you are in crisis and need immediate help, call 911 and ask for a CIT Officer (Crisis Intervention Team Officer). A CIT Officer is specially trained to help someone in a mental health crisis. 

There are many free and confidential hotlines with caring, trained staff to help you if you are in crisis. Most of these are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and can answer questions in English and Spanish. Not all crisis lines and service providers are listed on this website.  

You can also find services by clicking on a county in the map below or using the search bar to find services by type. 

Report abuse, neglect, or exploitation:

Adult Protective Services

Call Adult Protective Services to report adult abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult or a person with a disability at 1-800-371-7897. You may also fill out a report online

Child Protective Services

If you suspect child abuse or neglect is occurring, call Child Protective Services at 1-855-323-3237, or law enforcement. 

Civil rights complaints

Domestic and dating violence

Fraud or illegal activity

We work to determine compliance of state and Utah Department of Health and Human Services policies and procedures. We also perform fraud investigations, conflict of interest reviews, information technology audits and performance audits for our contracted service providers. To report instances of suspected fraud or illegal business practices, call 1-801-538-9895.

Medicaid fraud 

If you think a Medicaid provider is involved with fraud, contact the Utah Office of Inspector General (OIG) by calling our toll-free hotline at 1-855-403-7283 or send an email to [email protected]

If you think a Medicaid member is involved with fraud, contact the Utah Department of Workforce Services Fraud Hotline at 1-800-955-2210.

You may also visit to learn more.

Help for moms and babies

If you are pregnant, thinking of getting pregnant, or breastfeeding and have questions about medications, drugs, chemicals, and other environmental exposures that can harm an embryo, fetus, or infant, call our MothertoBaby experts at 1-800-822-2229 or 801-328-2229. You may also text your questions to 1-855-999-3525, email your questions to [email protected], or use our online chat feature at  

Call the Baby Your Baby staff at 1-800-826-9662 or visit if you need financial help during your pregnancy. Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.

Utah Maternal Mental Health Referral Network is a directory of professionals and support groups with training in perinatal mental health (perinatal means during pregnancy and postpartum). The resources listed can provide help for depression, anxiety, infertility, miscarriage, birth trauma, and more. 

WIC is a nutrition program that helps families with healthy eating through nutrition education, providing nutritious foods, breastfeeding support, and help accessing healthcare. These services are provided to women and their children with low or moderate incomes through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program, also known as WIC. You can call WIC toll free at 1-877-WIC-KIDS (942-5437) or email [email protected].


For media inquiries, contact our on-call Public Information Officer (PIO) at (801) 597-2775. A Spanish-speaking PIO may be reached at (385) 264-2685.


Rape and sexual assault

Substance use

Search for treatment and services at the SAMHSA Treatment directory at or You can also find treatment providers in each county in Utah at

Suicide or self-harm

988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Dial 988 for 24/7 access to trained counselors who can help people experiencing suicidal ideation, substance use crises, and other mental health crises.
Línea de prevención del suicido y crisis (1-888-628-9454)

Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386 

Stabilization and Mobile Response (SMR) is for families with children and youth ages 0 to 20 who are experiencing challenges. Call 1-833-SAFE-FAM (1-833-723-3326) or visit  

Utah Warm Line has certified peer support specialists who can talk to you as you heal and recover from personal struggles. Call 1-833-SPEAKUT (1-833-773-2588).

You can also find mental health treatment providers in each county in Utah at 

Our locations

Main building

Multi-state Agency Office (MASOB) building (map)

195 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Martha H. Cannon Health building (map)

288 North 1460 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84114

Office of the Medical Examiner (map)

4451 South 2700 West, Taylorsville, UT 84129-8600

Unified Public Health Laboratory (map)

4431 South 2700 West, Taylorsville, UT 84119

Please visit specific division or program pages for local office information.